Whether you’re in love or lust, Valentines is that one anxiety-inducing calendar day each year where your boo expects to be showered with insta-worthy gifts and over-the-top romance, and sometimes your undying love and prowess under the sheets just aren’t good enough. If you’re at a complete loss at what to give them, don’t worry we’ve done the work for you and gathered up a list of what we thought could really make the day sexy. Trust us, we’re love gurus here at LA CANVAS and we’ve got you covered — barely. Peep our list and see what you could get your loved one (or booty call — we won’t judge).
- This pomegranate scented candle will really get the night going with its sensual aroma. Did you know pomegranates represent prosperity… and fertility? Get it here.
- Let’s be honest, what a lot of people expect to do on V-Day is undress and we’ve got the perfect gift for everyone. Whether you’re giving or receiving, this lingerie set will drop jaws. Get it here.
- While you’re waiting to heat things up we found some chocolates that can help sweeten the deal. These suckas will have you wanting more. Get them here.
- If you’re looking for something to last longer than one day, try this Baraca Spa Weekend deal in Santa Barbara. They’re so down with the times that they embroider your Twitter handle on your bathrobes. – Find out more here.
- If you’re into smelling good or want your man to, then we suggest Gucci Guilty Black. This scent will have everybody swooning. For the females, we’ve chosen Dolce and Gabbana Desire The One. This delicate scent won’t overpower you and leave everyone with an infatuation. Find Gucci here and D&G here, or your local department store.
- We know that sometimes your significant other can lose track of time so a watch is a perfect gift. This tortoise watch is unisex and chic. Find this Poketo watch here.
- If you’re into DIY and homemade things, there’s a great little etsy shop by illustrator Kate Berube that makes the cutest (read: cheesy) Valentine’s Day cards. Find her shop here.
- Along with that handmade card why not go the EXTRA mile and cook for your bae. We’ve got a recipe book that’ll have your bae instagramming for hours. Find it here.
- Long gone are the days of holding a boombox over your head or serenading at your boo’s window to profess your love. Opening Ceremony carries the Playbutton mp3 player that’s already loaded with love songs that you can pin to your coat! Get it here.
10. If you’re into putting on a show or just a peeper, how about some burlesque classes to really get the party started. BurlesqueAcademy.com
We’ve also got five gifts for all the single people out there. Celebrate single-dom by gifting your fellow Hallmark-hating homies with these goods sure to put a smile on their face.
- Why not be a pal and give your single friends a practical gift. These Made With Love Sandwich Bags by Accoutrements will make your gal the queen of the cubicle block on Monday morning. Find them here.
- If you’re friend is more of a stay at home and re-watch “Love Actually” for the 100th time kind of person, why not send them a heart shaped pizza from Papa John’s. But make sure they save you some leftovers.
- Ok, so we know your single friends might be a little down around this time of year so we suggest giving them a laugh. This book will have them dying. – Rob Delaney’s Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage. Get it here.
- If you’re friend is an interior design snob and has a house that resemble a Pinterest page, these quartz crystal wines stoppers are perfect! Find them here.
- If you happen to have multiple single friends and want to get them each something, we’ve found the clever matchbooks that light up their night, er cigarettes. You can find them here.