The obvious marriage in sportswear heaven has come true, with saturated, intense and graphically-motifed prints and embellished details with the innovative shapes and designs Adidas Originals continues to bring. Mary’s upcoming kaleidoscopic printed collection will finally be within reach to keep us on our style game.
What is “Resort” season you ask? Just the vacation oriented twin to pre-fall, matching it only in head-scratching questions towards it’s necessity. Created as a get-away packing guide for those who frequent southern French beaches, resort has taken on it’s own following with almost every major fashion house producing a a full look list for the mid-season. When will this be out for you to buy in stores? Come Christmas 2014! Here are the womenswear highlights and trends that are worth the wait:
[infobox maintitle=”ELIZABETH AND JAMES” subtitle=”MOST LIKELY TO BE MISTAKEN FOR A ZARA COLLECTION” bg=”gray” color=”black” opacity=”on” space=”30″ link=”no link”]
We have mixed emotions, but overall the middle child of the Olsen’s powerhouse design world made leaps and bounds towards competing with it’s peers. Norm-core prevails in the best way possible (read: strapless belted jumpers and stripes) and we think we’re fine with it. Does everything always have to shock our socks and sandals off?
[infobox maintitle=”RAG & BONE” subtitle=”MOST LIKELY TO KEEP THE BIRKENSTOCK TREND GOING” bg=”gray” color=”black” opacity=”on” space=”30″ link=”no link”]
Speaking of which, think back to NYFW Spring ’14 amidst the crop of women walking around in a snow blizzard in heels to the single image of Givenchy slides paired with thick wool socks. It was that brave street-style maven who showed how seriously fashion girls take trends and foreshadowed the future of gardener footwear. Rag & Bone brings the clean cuts and neutrals, but pairs it with comfortable Birkenstock-like shoes over a pair of crisp white covers. Who knew we had it so right during our AYSO days?
[infobox maintitle=”ACNE STUDIOS” subtitle=”MOST LIKELY TO CONVERT SKINNY JEAN WEARERS” bg=”gray” color=”black” opacity=”on” space=”30″ link=”no link”]
Staying true to the brand, Acne combines function with art-school references. Yet more importantly, they demonstrate how fabric is gravitating away from our legs, making it even easier to man-repel. Score.
[infobox maintitle=”A.L.C.” subtitle=” MOST LIKELY TO COME FROM EDIE SEGWICK’S CLOSET” bg=”gray” color=”black” opacity=”on” space=”30″ link=”no link”]
Not one to be known for risky business, Andrea Lieberman usually uses a bold print as her innovative move. This time around she brings on the mod dresses, paired with metallic playground-esque footwear. Wearing this to Studio 54 would have guaranteed ‘it’ girl status, so why not see if it will still work?
[infobox maintitle=”OPENING CEREMONY” subtitle=”MOST LIKELY TO BE COMPARED TO A RIHANNA STYLE PHASE” bg=”gray” color=”black” opacity=”on” space=”30″ link=”no link”]
Relevant tangent, but we think we love Rihanna’s “pretty girl swag” moments best. The pink pixie was cool, but she looks like a goddess with red lipstick and VS Angel waves. We have similar emotions towards Opening Ceremony’s cruise wear. It is usually a little more off beat, but we can fully embrace the more feminine and wearable silhouettes. OC proves that sitting pretty in mainstream style can be just as bold.
All images: Style.com
Whether you’re in love or lust, Valentines is that one anxiety-inducing calendar day each year where your boo expects to be showered with insta-worthy gifts and over-the-top romance, and sometimes your undying love and prowess under the sheets just aren’t good enough. If you’re at a complete loss at what to give them, don’t worry we’ve done the work for you and gathered up a list of what we thought could really make the day sexy. Trust us, we’re love gurus here at LA CANVAS and we’ve got you covered — barely. Peep our list and see what you could get your loved one (or booty call — we won’t judge).
- This pomegranate scented candle will really get the night going with its sensual aroma. Did you know pomegranates represent prosperity… and fertility? Get it here.
- Let’s be honest, what a lot of people expect to do on V-Day is undress and we’ve got the perfect gift for everyone. Whether you’re giving or receiving, this lingerie set will drop jaws. Get it here.
- While you’re waiting to heat things up we found some chocolates that can help sweeten the deal. These suckas will have you wanting more. Get them here.
- If you’re looking for something to last longer than one day, try this Baraca Spa Weekend deal in Santa Barbara. They’re so down with the times that they embroider your Twitter handle on your bathrobes. – Find out more here.
- If you’re into smelling good or want your man to, then we suggest Gucci Guilty Black. This scent will have everybody swooning. For the females, we’ve chosen Dolce and Gabbana Desire The One. This delicate scent won’t overpower you and leave everyone with an infatuation. Find Gucci here and D&G here, or your local department store.
- We know that sometimes your significant other can lose track of time so a watch is a perfect gift. This tortoise watch is unisex and chic. Find this Poketo watch here.
- If you’re into DIY and homemade things, there’s a great little etsy shop by illustrator Kate Berube that makes the cutest (read: cheesy) Valentine’s Day cards. Find her shop here.
- Along with that handmade card why not go the EXTRA mile and cook for your bae. We’ve got a recipe book that’ll have your bae instagramming for hours. Find it here.
- Long gone are the days of holding a boombox over your head or serenading at your boo’s window to profess your love. Opening Ceremony carries the Playbutton mp3 player that’s already loaded with love songs that you can pin to your coat! Get it here.
10. If you’re into putting on a show or just a peeper, how about some burlesque classes to really get the party started. BurlesqueAcademy.com
We’ve also got five gifts for all the single people out there. Celebrate single-dom by gifting your fellow Hallmark-hating homies with these goods sure to put a smile on their face.
- Why not be a pal and give your single friends a practical gift. These Made With Love Sandwich Bags by Accoutrements will make your gal the queen of the cubicle block on Monday morning. Find them here.
- If you’re friend is more of a stay at home and re-watch “Love Actually” for the 100th time kind of person, why not send them a heart shaped pizza from Papa John’s. But make sure they save you some leftovers.
- Ok, so we know your single friends might be a little down around this time of year so we suggest giving them a laugh. This book will have them dying. – Rob Delaney’s Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage. Get it here.
- If you’re friend is an interior design snob and has a house that resemble a Pinterest page, these quartz crystal wines stoppers are perfect! Find them here.
- If you happen to have multiple single friends and want to get them each something, we’ve found the clever matchbooks that light up their night, er cigarettes. You can find them here.