From community events and film screenings, to sporting events and good food, Pasadena’s array of summer events will attract Angelenos who might not otherwise venture East on the 134. We’ve put together a list to help you out:
1. Sushi Roku– Opened at One Colorado plaza in 2000, IDG’s Sushi Roku is a prime destination for sushi-lovers and their families. Alongside signature dishes from Executive Sushi Chef Hiroshi Shima such as the popular “Hanabi” spicy tuna atop crispy rice, new dishes include Blue Crab Tartare with uni and caviar, andYellowtail Wrapped Foie Gras.
2. Lemonade– The beloved cafeteria-style eatery known for its seasonal southern California comfort food offers guests a comfortable place to enjoy a rotating selection of daily marketplace salads, braises, and prepared sandwiches, or provisions for the perfect summer picnic. Summer items include the New Mexican Chili Roasted Butternut Squash and the Citrus Poached Salmon with Patty Pan Squash and Basil. Earlier this year, Lemonade and Designer Ilan Dei launched the Neighborhood Inspired Plate Collection featuring locally made high-quality stoneware with iconic images of L.A. neighborhoods—Lemonade’s Pasadena location currently offers the limited-edition set featuring imagery of The Rose Bowl.
3. Slater’s 50/50 à nothing says summer quite like a burger (made with a half-and-half blend of beef and bacon, no less) and a refreshing draft beer
4. Roscoe’s House of Chicken & Waffles à a classic sweet and savory combination
5. Coolhaus à summer flavors include “Netflix” (white cheddar popcorn-infused ice cream and Doritos), Blueberry Sweet Corn, and Chocolate Chipotle
6. Rose Bowl Flea Market (second Sunday of each month)
7. Old Pasadena Film Festival Friday, July 10 and Saturday, July 11
8. Americafest Saturday, July 4
9. Street Food Cinema presents Jurassic Park (Saturday, July 18)
10. International Champions Cup at the Rose Bowl– LA Galaxy vs. FC Barcelona (Tuesday, July 21)